Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical College Pune (BAVMC) is the first medical college of Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), established in 2022 through a joint initiative of PMC and PMC-MET (Medical Education trust).
The college is established to provide affordable and accessible tertiary health care. BAVMC is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, and has permission to renew 100 MBBS seats for the academic year 2022-23.
The medical college is associated with Kamla Nehru Hospital (KNH). It is a 400-bedded one of the biggest multispecialty hospitals run by PMC. The hospital has good clinical material available for the training of medical graduates.
Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical College
Establishment of college
Kamla Nehru Hospital
Bharatratna Atalbihari Vajpayee Medical College & Hospital, Pune Mangalwar Peth, Pune – 411 011, Maharashtra (MH)
Institution type (Management of college)
Seats offered for MBBS
MBBS entrance test
NEET – UG
MBBS course duration
4.5 years + 1-year of internship
Estimated MBBS Course fee from Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical College, Pune
INR 7,50,000 per annum
Bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery (MBBS)
Qualifying exam: Students must have passed with a minimum of 50% in 10+2 or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology. Plus, English must be at least a core language.
Minimum age: The candidate’s minimum age should be 17 on 31st December (the year admission is sought).
Entrance exam: The candidate must pass NEET-UG with a merit score.
1) College Allotment letter issued by the competent authority
2) NEET 2022 Mark sheet /Rank letter
3) NEET 2022 Admit Card
4) Nationality certificate
5) Domicile Certificate
6) H.S.C. (or equivalent) examination mark sheet
7) SSC (or equivalent) passing certificate
8) XII School Leaving/Transfer Certificate
9) Medical Fitness Certificate
10) Aadhaar Card
11) Caste certificate
12) Caste Validity Certificate
13) Valid Non-Creamy layer Certificate (For VJ. NTI, NT2, NT3, OBC)
14) Eligibility certificate for EWS (issued after 31/03/2021)
15) Person with a disability Certificate (PWD) issued by a designated authority in a prescribed format
16) For Hilly area -Parent Domicile certificate.
17) For Defence (D) category – certificate of parent from Zilla Sainik Board, Parents Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra
18) For Defence (D2)- Certificate of Parent from Competent authority from Defence services stating that parent is serving as per Army/Navy/Air Force act. Parents’ Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra
19) For Defence (D3) – certificate of Parent from Competent authority from Defence services stating that parent is serving as per Army/ Navy/Air Force act & transferred and posted in the State of Maharashtra
20) For MKB category Certificate stating that they are from a disputed area & passed SSC/HSC from a disputed area. The candidate’s mother tongue is Marathi, as per the school record
21) For the Orphan category Certificate of the candidate stating that they are orphan issued according to GR. No. Sunkirn-2013/C.R.109/Ka-3 Dated 06-06-2016
22) Gap Certificate (if applicable)
23) Migration Certificate (Students who have passed the HSC exam.
Step 1: Candidates are required to register for the NEET UG exam at https://cetcell.net/UG_NEET_2021/ and qualify for the exam.
Step 2: Qualified candidates need to participate in common counselling for admission to MBBS Courses in all Medical Education Institutions, and they will be allotted seats.
Step 3: Candidates allotted seats through counselling need to visit the college with their allotment letter and get their admission confirmation letter.
Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee Medical College doesn’t have any scholarship programs.
BAVMC is affiliated with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. It is not a deemed university.
BAVMC Pune is an unaided Medical College supported by Pune Municipal Corporation & it is under Pune Municipal Corporation Medical Education Trust.
The admission procedure will be via online application. Candidates need to qualify for NEET UG with a merit score.
The college has 100 seats for the MBBS program. Out of 100 seats, 85 seats are for State quota and 15 seats for Institutional quota, which include management quota & NRI quota.