BVSc, stand for Bachelor of Veterinary Science. It is an undergraduate course of 5 years. This field come under veterinary science, which aims is to impart the knowledge required for the nourishment, treatment and breeding of animals. A veterinary doctor can treat any animal, including dogs, cats, cows, birds, etc.
BVSc colleges in India: Indian Veterinary Research Institute, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, CSKHPKV, etc. If you are animal lovers and want to work or own an animal breeding and caring firm, then the BVSc course is the best option for you.
The best part about the BVSc course in India is that you have three modes to complete the course, i.e.,
BVSc course duration should be of 5.5 years divided into 10 semesters and 1 year of compulsory internship, according to the latest guidelines from the Veterinary Council of India. Any candidate who has completed class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects, along with English from a recognized board is eligible to apply for this course. This course covers everything from animal anatomy and physiology to the treatment and surgery of animals. Its major subjects are animal nutrition, animal breeding, and genetics, animal pathology, among others. An ample of jobs are available in this sector: Agriculture Sectors, Government Animal, Defence Dog training centres, Zoological Parks, Aviaries, Wildlife Sanctuaries, etc. The average starting salary in this course is INR 3.6 LPA.
If you are one of those who love animals and are kind-hearted, then BVSc is a great career option for you. You must be passionate about creating a safe and healthy environment for animals and birds. Besides that, you can establish your career in animal husbandry (AH) with BVSc.
|Course name||Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc)|
|Course duration||Full time – 5 – 5.5 years along with the internship Distance learning – around 14 weeks Online courses – around 3 months|
|Average cost for BVSC in India||INR 25,000 to 14,00,000 for full course|
|Entrance exams||National exam – NEET UG & State exams, such as KAU, KEAM KCET, WBJEE|
1. ApolloCollege OfVeterinary Medicine (ACVM), Jaipur
2. Mahatma Gandhi VeterinaryCollege ( MGVC),Bharatpur
3. MayurakshiInstituteOf Engineering&Technology ( MIET),Jodhpur
4. Vivekananda Institute OfTechnology &Science (VITS GHAZIABAD),Ghaziabad
5. Veterinary CollegeAnd Research Institute (VCRI),Chennai
6. Krantisinh Nana PatilCollege OfVeterinary Science ( KNPCVC),Satara
7. Birsa AgriculturalUniversity: Faculty OfVeterinary Science &Animal Husbandry, Ranchi
8. VeterinaryCollegeAnd Research Institute (VCRI), Namakkal
9. VeterinaryCollegeAnd Research Institute (VCRC),Tirunelveli
10. CollegeOfVeterinary Sciences And Animal Husbandry (CVSAH),Aizawl
11. M.B:Veterinary College ( MBVC),Dungarpur
12. ArawaliVeterinaryCollege (AVC),Sikar
13. Mahatma Jyotiba Fule College Of VeterinaryAnd AnimalScience
14. Chomu College OfVeterinary Science And Animal Husbandary (CVSAH),Junagadh
15. Guru Angad DevVeterinaryAnd Animal Sciences University,Ludhiana
16. GB Pant University Of Agriculture &Technology ( GBPUAn,Pantnagar
17. Punjab Khalsa collage ofvetsciences
The admission process for BVSc in India varies from university to university. However, a similar process is as follows:
Step 1: Check the eligibility criteria in different colleges to study BVSC in India.
Step 2: Choose the university/college you want to take admission to and prepare for the university’s entrance exams.
Step 3: After clearing the exam, apply for admission. You can get the offline application by visiting the university or directly submitting the online application at the university’s official website.
Step 4: Attend the college counselling sessions by booking your seat.
Note: Some universities also conduct interviews before admission to check your communication skills.
Step 5: Complete the document verification and payment procedures to start your career in BVSc.
The average BVSc salary ranges from INR 3.60 to 5.04 Lakh per annum for Veterinary surgeons, animal breeders, social workers, etc.
On the higher side, the salary range of BVSc is INR 8 lakh to 15 lakh annually for the veterinary officer, animal research scientist, etc. And, talking about the job opportunities, you can work at
After studying BVSc in India, students can pursue higher studies, like MVSc and Ph.D. or you can work as:
Full-time course fees for BVSc in India:
Yes, if you are interested and planning to do BVSc, it is worthwhile because, in India, there is a lack of skilled human resources to treat animals. Due to this, the demand for veterinarians is increasing day by day in both government and private sectors.