MBBS IN INDIA
CENTRE DECIDE TO IMPLEMENT NEXT FROM 2023.
The National Exit Test for medical students in 2023
All students need to know about the Centre likely to implement the National Exit Test for medical students in 2023
For MBBS students’ final year from 2023, the Indian government is likely to introduce the National Exit Test (NeXT), according to a report in Hindustan Times.
If you are planning to pursue MBBS then you need to secure a seat in medical colleges via the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
- For the final year MBBS students, the NeXT will serve as a common qualifying examination.
- After qualifying for the NeXT exam students will get permission to practice medicine in India.
- One more thing to be noticed is that the NeXT will also serve as the criteria for merit-based allocation of postgraduate seats in broad specialities.
- The NeXT exam reduces the gap between students from foreign medical institutions willing to practice medicine in India.
- The NeXT exam will be applicable in all medical institutions including AIIMS to maintain a common standard in the medical education sector in the country.
- The exit exam is started in 2023, and the batch of students that is going to graduate in 2023 are able to give this exam.
- In case NeXT is introduced in the education system then this exam will do away with the need to conduct NEET-PG.
- By the National Medical Commission, the proposal to create a common exit examination in the medical field was floated.
- The National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences is likely to conduct the test from 2023 according to the reports.