DR. B.R AMBEDKAR MEDICAL COLLEGE
About b.r Ambedkar medical College
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College is one of the best medical science colleges in Karnataka. The college is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS). BRAMC is also approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
The college was established in 1981 by Anandaa Social and Educational Trust with the motto to serve and uplift the weaker economic sections of society.
BRAMC, Bangalore, offers various undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses in nursing, pharmacy, paramedics, dental science, and many more. The college is well-known for its quality medical education for domestic and international students, with a continuous track record of producing expert medical professionals to serve the country.
The college has 29.4-acre premises along with other prominent facilities, such as:
- Computer lab
- Boys and girls hostel
- Sports and cultural activities
- Transport facility
- Internet facility
- Para–clinical departments
- Library connected to HELINET consortium
- Laboratory and clinical facilities to get practical knowledge.
Quick Highlights about Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College (BRAMC)
Establishment of college
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College Bangalore and Hospital
MBBS, MD, MS, and PG Diploma courses
Shampura Main Road, Kadugondanahalli, Bangalore, Karnataka, India – 560045
Total Student Enrollments
Seats offered for MBBS
100 (5% reserved for SC/ST candidates)
MBBS entrance test
MBBS course duration
4.5 years (Plus 1 year of internship)
MBBS Course fee from BRAMC, Bangalore
INR 9,94,406 (For general quota)
Courses offered by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College:
● Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) Anaesthesiology
● Master of Surgery(MS) General Surgery
● Master of Surgery(MS) Obstetrics and Gynaecology
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) Forensic Medicine
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) Anatomy
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) Biochemistry
● Master of Surgery(MS) Orthopaedics
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy
● Master of Surgery(MS) Ophthalmology
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) Microbiology
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) Pharmacology
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) Radiodiagnosis
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) Physiology
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) Community Medicine
● Doctor of Medicine(MD) General Medicine
MBBS IN INDIA
MBBS from DR. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College
- BRAMC offers 5.5 years (including one year of mandatory rotational internship to provide practical exposure in their clinics) of undergraduate course MBBS.
- The college has the capacity to grant admission to 100 students in an academic year based on the rank secured in the entrance exam.
- After completing an MBBS degree from DR. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College, students can continue their post-graduation in MD and MS or PG diplomas.
If you wish to start your MBBS study from BRAMC, Bangalore, you need to fulfill the below-mentioned criteria:
- Candidates must have completed their higher secondary (10+2) education with a minimum of 50% marks (40% in the case of SC/ST/OBC students) from the recognized board with the mandatory science subjects, i.e., Physics, chemistry, biology, and English as the main subject.
- Aspirants should have a minimum age of 17 and maximum age of 25 years (30 years in case of SC/ OBC/ ST) at the time of admission.
- Students must pass the National eligibility entrance test (NEET) entrance exam.
- BRAMC College grants admission on the basis of rank or merit secured by a candidate in the Entrance examination.
- The college takes direct admissions through the management and NRI quotas. It has reserved 85% of All India Quota for State Domicile Category students, and 15% of seats are reserved for NRI/Foreign Category.
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet and certificate,
- NEET admit card and score sheet
- Transfer and migration certificate,
- Physical fitness certificate,
- Caste certificate, if applicable,
- Passport size photographs,
- Identity proof, i.e., Aadhar card, PAN card, etc.
- The first step to admission to BRAMC is to qualify for the entrance exam, i.e., NEET.
- Selected students on the basis of NEET score will receive a counseling call to get guidance for the further admission process.
MBBS fee structure of dr.b.r.ambedkar medical college
Fee for MBBS course for admitted session 2022-23*
As per the latest academic information, the total fee for the MBBS course from BRAMC is as follows:
For the general quota – INR 9,94,406,
For the NRI quota – INR 36,87,450, and
For the state quota – INR 1,41,196.
- College merit-based scholarship
- Economically weaker section students
- High rank secured in exams held by the State and Central governments.
- Merit-based scholarship to the talented and deserving students by the college.
The MBBS course fee from BRAMC College is around Rs. 9.95 lakh.
Dr. BR Ambedkar Medical College (BRAMC) is a private college affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS).
A student seeking admission to study MBBS from BRAMC College is required to qualify NEET entrance exam.
BRAMC provides various facilities related to education and living, such as the library, hostel, sports, clinical departments, computer labs, etc.
Students who have qualified NEET and are domiciled in the state of Madhya Pradesh can participate in the MP NEET counseling.