Study mbbs In mauritius
Mauritius, the island country is located in the southern hemisphere, in the south-eastern part of the Indian Ocean and it is a part of southern Africa most of the student prefer Study Mbbs in Mauritius.
Physiographically, it is part of Mascarene Island. To be seen from the air the stunning natural phenomenon is a spectacular illusion.To become an international higher education hub catering to the needs of the region, Mauritius has paved its way.Mauritius holds the trump card to becoming the new regional base for world-class education services, relying on its tradition of excellence, stability and pleasant living environment. Mauritius population is around 1.261 million inhabitants according to the Central Bureau of Statistics.
As we know Mauritius enjoys a subtropical climate. Temperature lies between 25° C and 35° C with Southeast trade winds. From November to April temperatures are higher during the wet season and cooler during the dry season from May to OctoberMauritius official language is English. French and ‘kreol marisyen’ are the most commonly used languages by the population. The capital of Mauritius is Port Louis.
MBBS from Mauritius
Mauritius is not only known for its extravagant beaches and beautiful reefs, but the lagoon is a favored vacation place for Indians. In a contest of students, it’s a great humble abode for Indian students, with big dreams of universities in their minds. For various reasons, MBBS from Mauritius is very popular but at the same place. Students find it hard to secure MBBS admission in India after the Introduction of the common medical entrance examination NEET.
To pursue their medical dream MBBS in Mauritius has become one of the best options for Indian students. Are you planning to take admission in Mauritius for MBBS? Don’t worry, you are at the right place with the help of this article you will get your answer.
MBBS in Mauritius: Overview
- MBBS in Mauritius Duration: 5 years + 1-year internship in India after clearing FMGE.
- Medium of Instruction: English for the full course.
- MCI approved universities: Yes.
- Number of MCI approved universities: Only 2 with limited seats and high budget.
- Budget required:₹40 lakh.
- MBBS universities got approval from WHO, and MCI approved colleges are also WHO recognised.
- In Mauritius dominant religion is Hinduism – 48.54%, Christianity – 32.71%, Islam – 17.30%.
- After clearing the licensing exam, the Mauritius MBBS degree is equivalent to MBBS in India.
- Do I need to qualify for NEET to study MBBS in Mauritius?
- Yes, the qualifying NEET exam is mandatory for admission to any MCI recognised university abroad.
- FMGE Result: Very high
MBBS in Mauritius: Duration
Mauritius offers a 5-year MBBS course and it is an NMC approved university. You can come to India and sit for a licensing exam after you complete your academic tenure in Mauritius. You will be required to do the internship in India, once you clear the screening test. The duration of the internship is 1 year after this student will have a permanent license number to practice as a doctor in India.
As we know Mauritius medical colleges offer MBBS admission in two sessions i.e., April and September. On the basis of NEET entrance exam scores, documents and counseling students got the selection.
The simple steps student have to take for MBBS admission in Mauritius
- Fill the application form on the official website of the college after passing 10+2 and NEET.
- Student documents got verified by the admission committee and they will verify the information related to qualification and other documents.
- Students will be shortlisted on the basis of their grades and documents, in the next step.
- Candidates will be called for counseling rounds including personal interviews now.
- The dean of the college will make a decision regarding admission after the personal interview.
- The selected candidates will have to provide a medical fitness certificate after approval.
- In the end, submit the necessary documents and fees of the institution.
MBBS at Mauritius getting into one of the colleges is not as difficult and painstaking as some would think. To secure a seat there are certain requirements along with guidelines that a student has to follow.
Now lets at look at the eligibility criteria in a tabular format-
- Age Requirement: Minimum age- 17 Years.
- Entrance Exam from India: No entrance test is required in India.
- NEET Qualification: Students must be NEET-UG qualified. For 3 years for MBBS abroad, the NEET result is valid
- Qualifying Marks from Class 12th:60% in aggregate in class 12th.
- Required Subjects in Class 12th: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Entrance Test in Mauritius: Both colleges select the students on a merit basis from their class 12th results. No entrance test is required.
- Mauritian medical colleges are ascribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and along with that, it is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools.
- One of the greatest advantages is that English is a major language in Mauritius along with several Indian regional languages.
- In Mauritian there is a mixed faculty of Indian and Mauritian professors.
- As compared to other big countries like America, South Africa or Australia the cost of living is less.
- Low levels of pollutants along with the environment is blissful.
- Coming back to India for jobs, the passing percentage of students is quite high and most of them prefer.
- Students don’t need to pay a donation.
- If we talk about food, languages are very similar to those in India.
MBBS in Mauritius For Indian Students admission documents required:
- In 12th standard 60% aggregate in the four subjects with English.
- NEET-UG certification is required.
- Documents related to the finances/loans.
- Medical Certificate of the student.
- Birth certificate of the student
- Identification of the student
- International students require passports and visas.
The Top Medical University in Mauritius are as below:
|Serial No.||Medical College/University||Address||Total Tuition Fees|
|1.||Anna Medical College||Montagne Blanche, Mauritius||39.70 Lac (Approx)|
|2.||SSR Medical College||Vacoas – Phoenix, Mauritius||46.20 Lac (Approx)|
Why choose MBBS in Mauritius:
- As we know there are two medical universities in Mauritius which are MCI and WHO recognized.
- In Mauritius fees are lower than in many private Indian institutions.
- You can check about MBBS in Mauritius admission easily online.
- Scholarships can help you reduce MBBS in Mauritius fees and many colleges do not have any MBBS in Mauritius admission fees.
- Students don’t need to pass any entrance test for MBBS in Mauritius.
- On many sites you can check the details about MBBS.
MBBS in Mauritius Fees Structure:
Now let’s talk about the fees structure of MBBS in Mauritius. The overall cost of studying will range around 50 lakh INR for entire Course.
You May Also Read Below Pages: