Raipur Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) was established in 2012 and is situated in Raipur City. The Lord Buddha Education Society manages the institute. Within a few years, the medical college has delivered extraordinary educational and medical services. Today, it has been established as one of the premier hospitals and medical colleges in Chhattisgarh.
RIMS is affiliated with the Ayush and Health Sciences University, Raipur, and approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC). RIMS is currently offering undergraduate MBBS and postgraduate MD and MS courses.
The medical institute was established with the global mission of “Health for All.” Today, RIMS is delivering healthcare facilities and medical education to each and every citizen and running a 650 bedded hospital. Additionally, the college also provides the below-mentioned facilities to its staff and students.
Raipur Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS)
Establishment of college
MBBS, MD, and MS
RIMS Knowledge Park, Bhansoj Road, Off NH-6, Raipur – 492006
Seats offered for MBBS
MBBS entrance test
NEET – UG
MBBS course duration
4.5 Years + 1 Year Compulsory Internship
Estimated MBBS Course fee from Raipur Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), Raipur
INR 6,00,156 annually
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
1. A student must appear and pass the NEET exam to get admission to the MBBS course.
2. The college has a total intake per year for MBBS students is 150.
3. The course duration is 4.5 Years, plus 1-year compulsory internship to get practical exposure
As per RIMS and MCI guidelines/regulations, the eligibility criterion is as follows:
1. The candidate’s age must be at least 17 years and not more than 25 years.
2. The candidate must have passed Class 10+2 or an equivalent examination from the Chhattisgarh board or any other board recognized by the Chhattisgarh government with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.
3. The candidate belonging to the unreserved category must obtain at least 50% (for SC/ST/OBC category, it is 40%) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology.
4. The candidate has to qualify for NEET UG with the minimum required percentile
1. Allotment letter by the Directorate of Medical Education, Govt. Of Chhattisgarh
2. NEET Admit card and Mark-sheet
3. High School (10th ) Mark Sheet/Birth Certificate (For Age Proof)
4. Higher Secondary (12th) Mark Sheet
5. Transfer Certificate
6. Character Certificate
7. Migration Certificate
8. Gap Certificate (if Applicable)
9. Domicile Certificate
10. Caste Certificate(if Applicable)
11. Income Certificate for reserved category candidates
12. Medical Certificate issued by District/Institution Medical Board
13. Aadhar and PAN cards of Students and Parents
14. Affidavit for Correctness of all documents
15. 10 Passport size recent Color Photographs
The students need to follow these simple steps for admission to RIMS, Raipur:
Step 1: Candidates should qualify for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG).
Step 2: The candidates must register for the centralised counselling process and choose the Raipur Institute of Medical Sciences as their preference.
Step 3: After allotment of seats, students are required to submit the required documents and fees.
1. All admissions at RIMS for MBBS shall be based on NEET Merit by CGDME centralized counseling only. Admission will be offered to the
2. candidates based on the marks scored in an entrance examination, seat allotment, document verification, and fee payment.
MBBS fee for an academic year is as follows:
Caution Money Refundable
Clinical and Transport Fee
Student Welfare Fees (Sports and Gymnasium)
Uniform ID Card and Library Fee
Admission Form Fees
Hostel and Mess Charges
Miscellaneous Fee (Cultural /Annual Day/ Examination Expenditure etc.)
Kaushal Prayogashala Shulk
The college doesn’t provide any direct scholarships. However, students can apply for state or central government scholarships.
Candidates wishing to start their medical career must qualify for the NEET-UG exam to get admission to medical colleges in India.
The MCI permits 150 students for the MBBS course to be admitted annually to medical colleges.
The college offers MBBS, MD, and MS courses in various specialisations.
The estimated fee for doing MBBS is INR 6 lakh per academic year.