Nijalingappa Medical College (SNMC) was established in 2002 and is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The SNMC medical college was established with a mission to bring out quality doctors by imparting quality education to meet the present and changing expectations of the people. Its motto is to improve the health status of people with quality care at an affordable cost.
The Medical Council of India (MCI) recognised the college in 2007. Later, in 2009, the college started postgraduate courses in Pre and Para Clinical subjects.
Currently, the college runs an undergraduate degree of MBBS, post-graduate courses in all the disciplines of health science, and a B.Sc Allied Health Science degree in different medical subjects.
Nijalingappa Medical College is located on 114 acres of land with all other facilities for the students, such as.
● Sports Complex
● Guest Room
● Banks Facilities
● Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination comprising subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% marks or,
● Shall have passed Intermediate examination in Science of an Indian University/Board/ Council or other recognised examining bodies with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and also English as a compulsory subject.
● The candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before the 31st day of December (the year in which he/she is applying for the admission).
● The student must have qualified for the NEET exam.
● 10th and 12th class mark sheet and certificate,
● NEET admit card and score sheet
● Character, transfer, and migration certificate,
● Physical fitness certificate with blood group,
● Category certificate, if applicable,
● Annual income proof,
● 4 recent Passport size photographs,
● Identity proof, e., Aadhar card, PAN card, etc.
The admission to the MBBS courses in S. Nijalingappa Medical College is completely on the basis of the All India overall rank obtained in the NEET UG.
● For Admission to UG, courses candidates can apply at the college website after qualifying the NEET UG exam.
● Then, the candidate must fulfil all the required eligibility criteria mentioned above.
● Once selected, KEA will conduct online counselling for admission.
Note: 80% of the seats are reserved for General merit candidates. 15% of the seats are reserved for NRI and foreign nationals. 5% of the seats are reserved under the institutional preference quota.
S. Nijalingappa Medical College Course Fee structure for MBBS students is as follows:
● Fee for private seats – INR 6.35 lakh
● Fee for government seats . INR 97,350
● Fee for NRI and other seats . INR 27 lakh to 30 lakh
There is no direct scholarship program available for MBBS students.
Direct placements are not offered in SNMC. However, most of the students/doctors get placed in the college hospital itself.
All the UG and PG courses from S. Nijalingappa Medical College are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
SNMC Bagalkot has various facilities for the students, such as Gym, Library, Sports Complex, Transport, Laboratories, etc.
Eligible candidates must appear for the NEET examination to get admission to S. Nijalingappa Medical College.