Shyam Shah Medical College is one of the oldest medical colleges in the country and one of the premier institutions in Madhya Pradesh. It was established in 1963 with its first batch of 60 students.
The college is currently affiliated with MP Medical Sciences University, Jabalpur and is permitted for renewal of 125-150 seats for the academic year 2022-23 by MCI. Shyam Shah Medical College is affiliated with Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital & Gandhi Memorial Hospital.
The medical college is committed to providing quality education to our undergraduates (MBBS), post-graduates (MD, MS), Nursing (B.Sc., M.Sc.), and Diploma students. The college has all the basic facilities for the Medical courses for its students.
The college campus is well maintained with a number of well-developed gardens and other facilities such as hostels, sports complex, and recreation.
Shyam Shah Medical College
Establishment of college
● Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital
● Gandhi Memorial Hospital
MBBS, MD, MS, Nursing, and Diploma
Shyam Shah Medical College Rewa (M.P.), Pin No. : 486001
Seats offered for MBBS
MBBS entrance test
NEET – UG
MBBS course duration
5.5 years, including 1 year of mandatory internship
Estimated MBBS Course fee from Shyam Shah Medical College, Rewa
INR 1,14,000 per annum
1. NEET (UG) Exam Admit Card
2. NEET (UG) Result
3. NEET (UG) Rank letter
4. NEET Registration Receipt
5. MPONLINE Registration Receipt (If Applicable)
6. Provisional seat Allotment Letter/ Recommendation letter (for GoI nominee Candidates)
7. Relieving Letter (If Applicable)
8. High School Mark sheet and/or Certificate (Proof of date of birth)
9. Marksheet of Class 11th Standard
10. Higher Secondary Mark sheet and/or Certificate
11. Graduation Mark sheet (if any)
12. Character Certificate
13. Transfer Certificate
14. Migration Certificate
15. Domicile Certificate
16. Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format (if applicable)
17. Income certificate of the current financial year (for OBC Candidates)
18. Disability Certificate issued by Competent Authority (if applicable)
19. Certificate for Military Personal/Freedom Fighter (If Applicable)
20. Certificate of EWS (If Applicable)
21. Identity Card (PAN Card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhar Card) show original & submit the photocopy
22. Gap Affidavit (if applicable)
23. Seat Leaving Bond Affidavit duly notarized on Non-Judicial Stamp
24. Rural service Bond Affidavit duly notarized on Non-Judicial Stamp
25. Affidavit regarding Domicile (if applicable)
26. Postcard size-01 & 10-Passport size photographs
Step 1: The candidate first needs to appear and qualify for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET).
Step 2: Next step is to register online at Medical department education (dme.mponline.gov.in) for the counselling process and participate to choose the colleges they want to join.
Step 3: The council allot seats during counseling to the students. Once the seats are allotted, students can apply at the college’s official website by filling out the admission application form and submitting the fees.
Step 4: Selected candidates are required to submit fees after completion of the documents verification.
Amount in INR
Tuition Fee (Per Annum)
University Affiliation Fee (Per Annum)
Library Fee (Per Annum)
Sports Fee (Per Annum)
Caution Money (One time)
(Refundable after successful completion of MBBS Course without any interest)
Hostel Fees (optional)
Students can apply for government scholarship programs. Madhya Pradesh government provides scholarship programs, i.e., Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidyarthi yojana, Medhavi Chatra Yojna, etc. Candidates can check their eligibility and apply for the same at http://scholarshipportal.mp.nic.in/Index.aspx
The candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized Board/Council and NEET UG to take admission to the best medical colleges in India.
The total duration of the MBBS course is 5.5 years.
The college has permission from MCI to grant admission to 125-150 students for the MBBS course in the academic year 2022-2023.
The MBBS fee from government college is Rs. 1,14,000 (Including 14,000 refundable one-time caution money).