study MBBS in latvia
Are you planning to study MBBS from abroad? Then for you, MBBS in Latvia is a great option. MBBS from Lative is one of the fastest-growing education programs for those international students who have a dream to pursue MBBS abroad. After getting an MBBS degree from Latvia the graduates can work as house surgeons or interns in any hospital. In Latvia, medical universities are known for offering quality education with an emphasis on providing practical exposure. In the field of medicine, the faculty of medicine at the medical universities of Latvia teaches advanced methodology and clinical practice. Among Indian students, the MBBS from Latvia has been gaining popularity because there are no such rigorous admission procedures or exams conducted to enroll for the course.
Latvia is located in northeastern Europe and the middle of the three Baltic states. In June 1940 Latvia was occupied and annexed by the U.S.S.R. and declared its independence on August 21, 1991. On September 6 the U.S.S.R. recognized its sovereignty and United Nations membership followed shortly thereafter. The capital and chief city of this country is Riga with a population of 701,000. Latvia covers a total area of 64,589 km², Latvia is about half the size of Greece, or slightly larger than the US state of West Virginia. The overall population of this country is 2,165,165 (growth rate: ?0.62%); birth rate: 9.79/1000; infant mortality rate: 7.91/1000; life expectancy: 73.44. The national name of this country is Latvijas Republika. The language of this country is Latvian (official) 56.3%, Russian 33.8%, other 0.6% (includes Polish, Ukrainian, and Belarusian), unspecified 9.4%.
MBBS in Latvia: Quick
- Degree Awarded: MD/MBBS
- Course Duration: 5 years
- Program Mode: On-Campus (Full-Time)
- Language of Teaching: English Language
- MBBS Faculties: Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
- Annual Fees: Starts from Rs. 8-10 lakhs onwards
Why Study MBBS in Latvia?
- In Latvia studying MBBS is an affordable education with a low cost of study.
- In Latvia, there are no entrance examinations required while applying for the MBBS course
- MBBS degree in Latvia holds international recognition.
- For pursuing medical studies highly experienced teaching faculty is provided to students.
- For international students, the Latvian medical universities provide accommodation facilities.
- In Latvia, direct admissions are allowed for studying MBBS.
Eligibility Criteria For Pursuing MBBS in Latvia
- Completed class 10+2 candidates are eligible to apply for MBBS Latvia.
- Age:Candidate age should be 17 years old before 31st December during the year of admission.
- Marks:In the 12th standard from the science stream with subjects like physics, biology, and chemistry candidates must have more than 50% marks and SC/ST; 45% marks
- NEET entrance exam score is mandatory, students need to qualify NEET.
- In their higher secondary the students should have English subject
- At least 18 months valid passport.
- 10th Certificate and 12th Certificate of the candidate
- Birth Certificate of the candidate
- Four passport size photographs of the candidate
- Documents of your HIV test of the candidate
- Receipt of payment of the fees of the visa of the candidate
- Receipt of university + 1st-year tuition fees of the candidate
- NEET Scorecard.
- From the previous school transfer certificate.
- From the concerned school leaving certificate.
MBBS Admission in Latvia
- First, you need to apply carefully on the university portal.
- You have to fill out the form with all the required documents.
- After that, you will receive an offer letter.
- Apply for Visa
- Students need to pay an enrollment charge.
- Once you have paid MBBS fees in Latvia now you need to go and apply for a visa.
That’s all after getting a visa and taking off to Latvia
MBBS in Latvia: Course Syllabus
- Medical Chemistry
- Medical Physics
- Professional language
- Introduction to studies
- Philosophy of Medicine
- Respiration system
- Preclinical studies
- Elective in the fundamental philosophy
- Professional language
- A module on Nutrient Uptake and Homeostasis
- Elective in Humanitarian subjects
- Human Reproductive Health System
- Essential of clinical studies
- Social Medicine
- Elective in medical fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Neuroscience
- Elective in Fundamental philosophy
- Cardiovascular Diseases and Endocrine diseases
- Hematology and Oncology
- Allergology and Clinical Immunology
- The module of Chest Diseases, Allergology
- Skin, Sexually Transmitted and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health
- Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology
- The module of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- The module of Children Diseases
- The module of Diseases of Digestive System
- Clinical Toxicology
- The module on Kidney and Urinary Tract Diseases
- The module of Nervous System Diseases
- Module of Geriatrics
- Family Medicine
- The module of Eye, ENT and Maxillofacial diseases
- Clinical Practice of Medicine and Research Work
- Elective speciality subject
- Elective research work
Career Opportunities after MBBS in Latvia
- You will receive the MD/MBBS degree from the university after the successful completion of your graduate degree.
- The MBBS degree from Latvia is entitled to you as a medical doctor with a certified medical professional & trainer.
- The medical graduates from the Latvia MBBS university can practice in the UK, Australia, India, Sri Lanka, Jordan, Israel etc.
- Across the globe, medical doctors are the highest paid professionals.
Top Medical Universities in Latvia: Fees Structure
- Name of the universities:Riga Stradins University
- Fees in INR:INR 6.78 lakhs
- NMC Status:Approved
- Name of the universities:University of Latvia
- Fees in INR: INR 6.17 lakhs
- NMC Status: Approved
You May Also Read About:
To the Latvian embassy of the respective country, you can apply for a student visa.
What is the primary language in Latvia?
The primary language of Latvia is Latvian but apart from that English and Russian is the commonly taught language in Latvia. What is the average cost of studying MBBS in Latvia?
In Latvia, the MBBS costs around INR 5 to 10 lakhs per annum.