study MBBS in malta
If you are planning for MBBS abroad, then for you MBBS in Malta is the best option because the Melta provides the 5 years of medical program which has been designed in such a way that provides medical knowledge, clinical training, and practical exposure to the students who want to study medicine in Malta. In the field of medicine, the program aims to produce competent professionals. In Malta, the medical school has been listed in the world directory of medical schools in association with the World Federation for Medical Education and FAIMER. The MBBS program in Malta has been furnished in such a way that medical students will get medical information, clinical abilities, and by providing practical assessment in the field of medicine.
About Malta Country
Malta is a small independent nation-state of the island that is located in the center of the Mediterranean Sea in Europe. Three inhabited islands consist of Malta, which is the EU’s smallest member state both in terms of landmass (316 km² / 122 sqm) and population size (514,600 ). Malta lies just 93 km (58 miles) south of Sicily (Italy) in Southern Europe and roughly 300 km (186 miles) north of the North African coast. In Malta, the navel of the Mediterranean, floating in the sea between Sicily and Libya.
From Britain, the independence of this country was achieved in 1964, after the Maltese people were awarded the George Cross for defending the crucial military bases there during the Second World War.
Malta’s strategic position has fostered its development over the centuries as an important trading post, and it remains a leading centre for container and freight transhipment. The nation’s main source of income is a popular holiday destination and tourism. The population of this country is around 436,000, and the total area covered is 316 sq km (122 sq miles). The major language of this country is Maltese, English and the major religion of this country is Christianity. The currency used in this country is the euro, UN, World Bank.
Key Highlights: Studying MBBS in Malta
- The MBBS program In Malta has been taught in English.
- An innovative research-led curriculum is provided in Malta.
- The medical curriculum in Malta is the same as that of MBBS in London.
- The applicant must apply for Uk Clinical Aptitude Test(UKCAT) after getting an MBBS degree from Malta.
MBBS in Malta: Quick Overview
- Degree Awarded: MD/MBBS
- Course Duration: 5 years
- Application Deadline: August/September
- Program Mode: On-Campus (Full-Time)
- Language of Teaching: English Language
- Level of Qualification: First/Second Cycle
- MBBS Faculties: Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
- ECTS: Applicable
- Annual Fees: Starts from Rs. 15 lakhs onwards
Why Study MBBS in Malta?
This all is the benefit as a student you get if you pursue your MBBS degree from Malta. As a student, MBBS from Malta is the best option for you.
- In Malta, the MBBS is recognized by the National Medical Commission.
- In Malta, medical universities have an affiliation with UK universities thereby providing an internationally recognized curriculum.
- In Malta, medical students will get funding from the government authority of Malta.
- In Malta, medical universities consist of 3 stages that are based completely on clinical practice.
- From Malta, medical doctors have been working in various parts of the world with a lucrative salary package.
Eligibility Criteria For Pursuing MBBS in Malta
- Completed class 10+2 candidates are eligible to apply for MBBS Malta.
- Age: Candidate age should be 18 years old before 31st December during the year of admission.
- Marks: In the 12th standard from the science stream with subjects like physics, biology, and chemistry candidates must have more than 60% marks and SC/ST; 45% marks
- NEET entrance exam score is mandatory, students need to qualify NEET.
- IELTS and TOEFL score is required.
- The entrance exam UCAT is required.
MBBS Admission in Malta
- First, you need to apply carefully on the university portal.
- You have to fill out the form with all the required documents.
- After that, you will receive an offer letter.
- Apply for Visa
- Students need to pay an enrollment charge.
- Once you have paid MBBS fees in Malta now you need to go and apply for a visa.
- That’s all after getting a visa and taking off to Malta
- At least 18 months valid passport.
- 10th Certificate and 12th Certificate of the candidate
- Birth Certificate of the candidate
- Four passport size photographs of the candidate
- Documents of your HIV test of the candidate
- Receipt of payment of the fees of the visa of the candidate
- Receipt of university + 1st-year tuition fees of the candidate
- NEET Scorecard.
- IELTS and TOEFL scorecard.
- UCAT scorecard.
Course Duration of MBBS in Malta
- In Malta, MBBS lasts for a duration of 5 years. The courses are taught in the English language in Malta.
- Advanced training program as conducted by the Medical universities of Malta during the course of the study, students are subjected.
Top Medical Universities in Malta
- Name of the universities: University of Malta
Fees Per Year in INR(approx: INR 21.7 lakhs
MCI Status: December
- Name of the universities: Queen Mary University
Fees Per Year in INR(approx: INR 17.1 lakhs
MCI Status: Approved
Course Duration of MBBS in Malta
- Fundamentals of Medicine (9 weeks)
- Metabolism (3 weeks)
- Cardiorespiratory (4 weeks)
- Student Selected Component 1b (2 weeks)
- Brain and Behaviour (3 weeks)
- Student Selected Component 1c (2 weeks)
- Human Development (3 weeks)
- Expansion of knowledge gained in Year One modules
- Human Science and Public Health
- Endocrine, Renal, Urology, and Breast
- Cardiology, Respiratory Medicine and Haematology
- Surgery, Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Musculoskeletal, Health Care of Elderly, and Dermatology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Paediatrics
- Psychiatry and Neurology
- Emergency Medicine and General Internal Medicine
- Anesthetics and Critical Care
- SSC – Elective
- Student Assistantship/Shadowing
Career Opportunity After MBBS in Malta
- You can apply for a foundation doctor post in the Malta Medical Council after completion of your MBBS in Malta. In your MBBS study, you should have a required qualification with good grades.
- Doctors at the Malta medical council get offered a renowned position in the council and are paid higher in the medical council.
- MBBS in Lithuania
- MBBS in Latvia
- MBBS in Hungary
- MBBS in New Zealand
- MBBS in Georgia
- MBBS in Bahrain