Study mbbs In west indies
If you are planning to pursue MBBS from the West Indies. Then don’t worry you are at the place with the help of this article you will get to know each and everything in detail. In this article you get veracity of information, so scroll down to read about it in detail.
In the Caribbean, the West Indies refers to a collection of islands. In reality, the island has nothing to do with India, they were named West Indies because when Christopher Columbus arrived on the island of Hispaniola , he thought that he was in India.
In the hearts of all Indians West Indies always holds a special place in their hearts. The reason behind this is sport or cricket, which has been celebrated equally with all the energy in both the nations. Apart from beaches and their affection for the sport of cricket, West Indies is also an amazing place to seek education in the field of medicine. Compared to the private institutions in India, in the West Indies students can learn at substantially low prices here. All over the world students can fulfill their dream to become a doctor in the Caribbean. The West Indies nation offers particular positive highlights like easy admission for Indian students if compared with the home universities. Students don’t need to qualify for any TOEFL or IELTS for pursuing MBBS in the West Indies. In the West Indies, the study is designed in such a way that revolves around the research and practical knowledge rather than the theoretical information. Educational programs in the West Indies are tuned for high achievement rates and fit in the standards of medical institutions across the world.
If we talk about the expense of medical education in the West Indies is moderate and minimal to the cost of Medical colleges in the world. In the West Indies, the top MBBS colleges got approval from the MCI(Medical Council of India), and the administrative group of medical training in India. North America which is surrounded by the North Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea that includes 13 independent island countries is the subregion of the West Indies. In the West Indies, the name of MBBS is MD (Doctor of Medicine) and the course duration is 5 years. In the West Indies, the mode of guidance is English.
Why West Indies?
Doing MBBS abroad is the desire of some of the finest students in India after their senior secondary schooling. Medicine as a career for many students is highly supported and considered a noble profession. In every nation, there is a huge shortage of well-skilled doctors for human services. There is a gigantic shortage of medical experts despite being the biggest producer of graduate doctors. On the other hand, the condition of the government hospital remains the same, this is a big challenge. As a student, if you are selecting a career in medicine then you are an eligible candidate and you have to undergo a very popular test. For MBBS the students are required to appear for the National Eligibility and Entrance Test(NEET) which is the only way for students to take admission in government MBBS colleges in India which is a cheap and ideal option for them. But some students do not score that much or do not qualify for this test then for them it becomes a difficult task to pursue MBBS from any Private college because the fee of private college is high as compared to government college so for those students MBBS in West Indies is the best option.
For those students who have not had the option to save a seat in either a Government Medical or Private medical college due to fee cost and are forced to look into different alternatives to fulfill their dreams of becoming a doctor.
This is the reason why a huge number of Indian students are rushing towards abroad medical universities for MBBS. If we talk about the West Indies it has risen as a suitable alternative for International medical students for the numerous advantages offered by the Medical Universities in the Caribbean nations.
Key Points For studying MBBS in West Indies:
- Total year of course duration for doing MBBS in the West Indies is 5.
- Candidate age for applying for this course is 17 years.
- Degree offered by the West Indies is MD (equivalent to MBBS in India).
- Qualification is required for this course is 12th Science pass out
- For Indian students, it is an amazing goal because we have taken a look at different parts of seeking Medical Education in the Caribbean nations.
- Eligibility Criteria for applying MBBS in West Indies:
- Students have to finish the 12th standard with 50% marks.
- Students have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th standards.
- The student has done their 10+2 schooling from English medium.
- Open school students are not eligible to apply for MBBS in the West Indies.
- Candidate NEET entrance exam Score is compulsory, students have to qualify NEET entrance exam.
- The age criteria of students are a minimum of 18 years.
- For Indian students, there is no extra test for doing MBBS in the West Indies.
Required documents for MBBS in West Indies
- Students have a passport as an identification card.
- For Verification of the availability of cash, students have a bank passbook.
- 10+2 board examination marks sheet of a student.
- 2 passport size photos of the candidate.
- A student visa is required
- From the university selected admission letter.
- A Police verification certificate is required.
Top MBBS university in West Indies:
This is the list of some top MBBS universities in the West Indies.
- All American Institute of Medical Sciences (AAIMS), Jamaica
- American International Medical University, Saint Lucia
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua & Barbuda
- Bridgetown International University, Barbados
- International American University College of Medicine, St.Lucia
- International University of Health Sciences, Saint Kitts
- Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica, West Indies
- Spartan Health Sciences University, St. Lucia, West Indies
- George’s University, Grenada
- James School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- The American University of Barbados
- The University of West Indies
- Trinity School of Medicine of Saint Vincent and Grenadines (for 2017 batch only).
- Victoria University of Barbados, Barbados
- Windsor University of Medical Sciences
- Windsor University School of Medicine
Also Read More About: